Tuesday, 22 September 2009

Night-time adventures (without my jammies...)


So Lou went out and left me.... she wasn't there at bedtime (where were my jammies, I want to know?!) so I assumed I would be sleeping with Jo and John, since we all went upstairs with them. But no; apparently when Jo and John want to go to sleep they take us all back down to the kitchen again - and they expected me to sleep down there! With the others! How very dare they....! Naturally, I wasn't having that, so as soon as the lights were out I jumped over the barricade at the bottom of the stairs. Unfortunately I was detected before I could sneak onto the bed, and I was unceremoniously repatriated to the bed in front of the Aga. I watched carefully as John reinforced the barricade and as soon as he headed back up the stairs I tunnelled underneath and met him half way up. After that he had no choice - it was duvet time for me - what a result! I made sure I was on guard for them, though - even though they didn't seem very grateful when I barked at people leaving the pub around midnight - and then finally I heard Lou getting out of her car outside - she did say she heard me, too. Then it was good to be back in my own bed, with my jammies on...

No comments:

Post a Comment